The All Saints’ Episcopal Day School library program focuses on helping students develop an appreciation of books and learn effective research skills. The goals of the Phoenix private school program are to:
- Encourage a life-long appreciation of literature
- Enable students to locate and critically evaluate information
- Guide students in accessing the resources of the library appropriately
- Expose students to visiting authors and their works
- Expose students to a variety of literary genre
Library staff members at our Episcopal private school conduct weekly classes for lower school students. They advise middle school students on database use and encourage exposure to a variety of genre through book talks. They make sure students are introduced to award-winning literature such as Caldecott and Newbery books.
Student life is further enriched through the visiting authors program and through experiences such as CrossWorlds.